How do I install a specific version of Ruby?
Get started with rbenv
- List the installed Ruby versions. To list the installed Ruby versions in your machine with rbenv, run the following command: rbenv version. …
- Install a Ruby version. To install a new Ruby version, use the rbenv install command: rbenv install VERSION. …
- Use a specific Ruby version for a project.
How do I downgrade Ruby Version?
As others have mentioned, its hard to come up with exact solution, in general to downgrade or switch versions for a user:
- Install Ruby 1.8.7 (or locate it on your system if you have it already)
- Edit your .bash_profile or .bashrc file to update your $PATH so that the 1.8.7 executable is found first. …
How can I use an older version of Ruby?
To use any of the versions, simply type rvm <version> or rvm use <version> and to know which Ruby you are currently using type the command below. You should now see the Ruby version you chose previously.
How do I install the lower version of Ruby?
Use the secure installation method. Read the installation instructions — you probably want the single-user configuration. Use rvm list known to list available Rubies and then run rvm install x.x.x to install a specific version. Use rvm use x.x.x –default to change your default Ruby.
How do I install an old Ruby on Termux?
- Install gawk, curl and tar packages: apt install curl gawk tar.
- Go to rvm.io site and just copy ‘Install RVM’ command, look’ like: …
- Add this line [[ -s “$HOME/.rvm/scripts/rvm” ]] && . “$ …
- Now your shell must writing a syntax PS problem, just open rvm script and edit it:
How do I uninstall a specific version of a gem?
Removing a specific gem
- sudo gem uninstall GEMNAME.
- sudo gem uninstall GEMNAME –version 1.1.0.
- sudo gem cleanup GEMNAME.
- sudo gem cleanup.
How do I downgrade Rails version?
How to downgrade my rails version?
- I opened command prompt.
- I typed gem uninstall rails.
- Some options came for rails version then I selected my current version and pressed entered.
- Then typed gem install rails -v 3.2. …
- I went to my Site directory and typed rails new blog.
How do I use multiple versions of Ruby?
Using rbenv To Manage Multiple Ruby Versions
- Install. Upgrade or install ruby-build: …
- Add Ons. The plugin rbenv-bundler makes it possible to not have to type bundle exec in front of every command. …
- Check Local Versions. …
- Check Installable Versions. …
- Install A Ruby. …
- Use The Ruby.
How do I check my ruby version?
“how to check ruby version” Code Answer’s
- // Command line:
- $ ruby -v.
- // Within irb type “RUBY_VERSION”
- # => “2.4.1”
- // If using RVM:
- $ rvm current.
How do I change the project version in Ruby?
The command rbenv local 3.0. 0 sets the . ruby-version file within any project directory. Changing into the directory will automatically switch Ruby.
How do I update my ruby version?
Ruby versions (updating)
- Upgrade ruby (using rvm) sudo rvm get head. …
- Install bundler. gem install bundler.
- Go to application root directory and install gems. cd APPLICATION_ROOT. …
- Install Easy Redmine. rake easyproject:install RAILS_ENV=production.
- You may also need to change the ruby version in a startup script.
How do I download and install Ruby?
Installing Ruby Using the RubyInstaller Tool
- Step 1: Download the RubyInstaller Tool. Use a web browser to navigate to the Download page (linked above). …
- Step 2: Run the Ruby Installer. Browse to the location of the RubyInstaller tool, and double-click. …
- Step 3: Verify the Ruby Installation.
How do I install a specific version of a gem?
Use `gem install -v`
You may already be familiar with gem install , but if you add the -v flag, you can specify the version of the gem to install. Using -v you can specify an exact version or use version comparators.
How do I install multiple Ruby versions on Windows?
If you’re trying to run multiple Ruby versions on Windows you should give uru a try.
- Step 1: Install uru. First, download and install uru. …
- Step 2: Install Ruby. …
- Step 3: Register your Ruby Installations with uru. …
- Step 4: Install Ruby Windows DevKit. …
- Step 5: Enjoy Hacking in Ruby.
What is Ruby version file?
Many Ruby (or Rails) projects will include a simple .ruby-version file, which simply specifies a version number, for example: 2.4.2. Popular tools to help you manage your Ruby version are: Ruby Version Manager (RVM) rbenv.